Solution 11410: Benefits of Calculator Software Applications (Apps) Over User-created Programs.
What are the benefits of calculator software applications (Apps) over user-created programs?Calculator Software Applications (Apps) have a number of benefits over user-defined programs.
- Apps are stored in Flash ROM, rather than user RAM, so they keep user RAM available to store data.
- Apps cannot be accidentally removed from Flash ROM by resetting the RAM or by completely draining the batteries (dead batteries).
- Apps can be much more powerful and faster than a user-defined program.
- Apps have been developed in consultation with educators from around the nation, so materials encompass what is needed to communicate a topic's key concepts, along with how to use TI educational technology.
- Apps take TI's educational technology beyond simply math and science, to provide curricular materials in a wide variety of topic areas.
- Apps have been developed to help classroom educators meet and exceed nationally recognized standards.
For a list of available Apps for TI educational technology, please visit the Latest Software web page.