Solution 11513: Troubleshooting a "Connection Failure" Error on TI Connect™ Software for Mac® .
What does a "connection failure" error mean in TI Connect Software for Mac®?
A connection failure error is a general error signifying a lack of communication between the connected TI calculator and the TI Connect software. Try any of the following:
- Make sure the TI Connectivity Cable is connected securely to the computer. To check whether the connection is properly seated, unplug and reseat the cable connection.
- Make sure the calculator is on and on the home screen.
- Make sure the cable is securely connected to the calculator's I/O Port. To check whether the connection is properly seated, unplug the cable, and turn the calculator off. Without pressing any keys on the calculator's keypad, plug the cable back in. If the calculator turns on automatically, then the connection is seated correctly.
- Make sure the correct port is selected.
- If the gray serial TI Connectivity cable is being used, make sure AppleTalk® is set to Inactive; as it can interfere with that cable's operation.
If none of these procedures allow the TI Connect software to access the connected graphing calculator, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737) M-TH 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM, FRI 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time.