Solution 10752: Resolving Error 1721 when Installing a Texas Instruments Software Product.
How can I correct Error 1721 when installing a Texas Instruments software product?
The error message "Error 1721" is a Windows® Installer error code that indicates a program was not properly installed or does not have all components needed to uninstall.
To correct this error try the troubleshooting steps below:
• Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 Only: [Right-Click] the installer and choose the option [Run As Administrator]
If the above step does not work or does not apply try to first repair the software using the steps below:
• Click [Start] then [Run] and type in the text listed below:
• Next click [OK] to open Add/Remove Programs (Windows® XP) or Programs and Features (Windows® 7 or Windows® Vista).
• Next scroll through the list and highlight the program giving the error then follow the steps below that correspond with your operating system:
Windows® XP Only:
• Click [Change] button.
• Next select [Repair] then click [Next]
Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 Only:
• Click the [Repair] option on the toolbar.
After repairing the software it is necessary to remove the software to attempt a reinstall by following the steps below:
• Locate the program again and click Remove (Windows® XP) or Uninstall (Windows® Vista® or 7).
• Next click [Yes] on the window that appears to continue with the uninstallation process.
• Wait for the uninstall process to complete then attempt to reinstall the latest version of the software.If you have questions about the information listed above please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance.