Solution 20350: Date Copied and Pasted from Microsoft® Excel® Produces Odd Results on the TI-Nspire™ Family.
Why are the dates I copy from Microsoft® Excel changed into odd results when pasted in TI-Nspire family software?Dates copied from Excel may change into odd results when they are pasted into TI-Nspire family software.
Description of issue:
• Create a row of data (2/1/2007, 2/5/2007, 2/8/2007) in Excel
• Copy and paste this row to the list and spreadsheet App of the TI-Nspire.
• The data becomes 2/2007, 2/10035, 1/8028
Expected: List should show as 2/1/2007, 2/5/2007, 2/8/2007
Actual: The data becomes 2/2007, 2/10035, 1/8028
Solution: Unfortunately, there are no acceptable date formats for copy and pasted data from Excel. However, it is important to note that the user may do one of the following:
• Type in a date directly as long as users use double quotes to show that it is a string e.g. “2/1/2007”
• Copy the date string from Excel, type in a quotation mark (“) into list and spreadsheets then paste the string into the same cell after the opening quotation mark and then finally add a closing quotation mark.
Please see the TI-Nspire family guidebooks for additional information.