Solution 15589: Creating a Multiple-Choice with Levels StudyCards™ Stack Using the StudyCards Creator Software.
How do I create a multiple-choice with levels StudyCards stack using the StudyCards Creator software?
To create a multiple-choice with levels StudyCards stack using the StudyCards Creator software, follow the steps below:
• Open the StudyCards Creator software.
• Select the device type (TI-73, TI-83 Plus Family/TI-84 Plus Family, TI-89 Family, TI-92 Plus, Voyage 200).
• Select Multiple-Choice with Levels as the stack type.
• Click OK.
The Multiple-Choice with Levels window opens. The type of stack being created (Multiple-Choice with Levels) displays in the Stack Type field, along with the device type selected. Creating a Multiple-Choice with Levels stack consists of two steps: entering the stack properties and then creating the StudyCards stack.
To enter stack properties:
• In Stack Title, enter a title for this stack. The maximum length for the stack title is 18 characters. This is a required field.
• In Version No., enter a version number for this stack. The maximum length for the version number is 18 characters. This is an optional field and can be any combination of letters and numbers.
NOTE: If the user intends to use text attributes (bold, underscore, highlight), the last two characters entered into the Version No. field must be _* (underscore asterisk).
• In Created By, enter the name of the person who is creating this stack. This is an optional field.
• In Score Values, enter the score values for questions the user gets right, wrong, or skips. Values can be any number from 1 to 100. Points are added to the score for correct answers. Points are deducted from the score for incorrect or skipped answers. This is an optional field.
• In Create Date, enter the date the stack is being created. This is an optional field.
NOTE: The stack properties added above is valid for all the cards in the stack.
• In Name of Card, type a name for the first card.
• Click the Front of Card area and input the information to be displayed on the front of the card.
• Click the Back of Card area and input the information to be displayed on the back of the card.
NOTE: When entering Front of Card or Back of Card text, press Ctrl+Tab to indent text. Text lines can extend beyond the visible boundaries. The text automatically scrolls down to the next page of the card when reaching the end of the current page. Click the up or down arrows to page through the text.
NOTE: Each card front and back can have up to ten (10) pages. Users can also access the Microsoft Windows® Character Map to insert special characters.
• In Number of choices, enter the total number of choices (answers) to be displayed on the front of the card.
• In the correct answer is field, enter the number of the correct answer.
• In Level of Difficulty, select the difficulty level for this card.
• Click File > Save or click the disk icon to save the card.
• To add the next StudyCard, click Actions > New Card or click the new card icon.
Continue this process to add additional cards. As additional cards are added to the stack, the StudyCards Creator software displays the total stack size in the status bar at the bottom of the window. Users can add up to 200 cards per stack. When finished, click File > Save to save the StudyCards stack.
For additional information regarding the StudyCards Creator software, open the software and press the [F1] button on the computer keyboard or click the Help menu and select TI StudyCards Creator Help.