What student data is collected by TI software and apps, and how is it used?
TI Software Products
- TI does not collect or use students’ personal information in connection with their download or use of TI software products installed onto a Windows or Mac computer, including all TI-SmartView and TI-Nspire software products.
TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS web-based application
- TI only collects a minimum amount of student data needed to associate a specific user with the TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS for registration/authentication. This consists of student name, email address, and App username with authenticating password.
- Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), these data elements are classified as “directory information” and are not generally considered to be harmful if disclosed.
- This policy describes TI practices for handling student data, including practices which are sometimes the subject of data privacy agreements proposed by schools.
- TI does not receive access to students' Google accounts when they download or use the app.
If you have further questions or would like clarification about any of the information above, please contact TI-Cares.