Solution 40347: Tip Sheet for Implementation of TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS
What are some tips for implementing the TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS?
The information below covers some common questions and best practices in setting up the TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS for use by your teachers and students. For complete directions, please visit our OrgAdmin License and Entitlement Management System e-guide.
- What to expect when making your purchase
- Accepting a license invitation and initial setup of account
- Creating a group and importing students
- List of resource
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN MAKING YOUR PURCHASE
Key items to include in your purchase information
-Start Date: This is the date you would like for your subscription to start. When the order is set up in our system, the start date cannot be in the past.
- License Administrator: The name and email address for the license administrator who will manage the licenses and assign students.
Once you make your purchase
When the Instructional Products Dealer places the order with TI, two emails are automatically generated:
1. An Order Confirmation email from Texas Instruments (from firstname.lastname@example.org) is sent to the License Administrator, as well as the email address of the purchaser from the school or district, if it was provided. This is a record of the order and can help identify anything that may need to be corrected (start date, number of seats, License Administrator email address, etc.).
2. The License Administrator will receive the license invitation from Texas Instruments (from email@example.com) for the software purchased. This is the email address that the License Administrator will use to kick off the process to accept the license and assign it to students. The invitation can be accepted only by the addressee and should not be forwarded.
After accepting the license, the License Administrator will need to create an account in the OrgAdmin Portal. There are two options for creating an account.
- Create a new account: This requires you to create an account including your name, email address, and password.
- Sign in with Google: This allows you to use your Google credentials (email address and password) to set up your account. (Note: TI will not have any access to your Google account or knowledge of your password.)
Tip: It is a best practice to have more than one individual capable of making changes within the OrgAdmin system. To add additional administrators to the system, follow the directions for “Inviting IT Admin or Other Users” located in the OrgAdmin License and Entitlement Management System e-guide.
CREATING A GROUP AND IMPORTING STUDENTS
When your OrgAdmin account is initially set up, there is a default group named “employees.” This group is an appropriate place to keep all of your Administrators who have access to update the system.
The same license can be assigned to more than one group. How you create groups is up to you and what works best for your school or district. Possible setups include:
- One group for everyone
- One group for teachers, one group for students
- One group for each school in a multi-school district
- One group for each grade level
- Export the CSV file out of your school information system or Google Workspace, if possible.
- Save the CSV file with UTF-8 encoding.
- Ensure the CSV file contains a header row with the following columns: Email Address, Last Name, First Name.
- Verify there are no duplicate email addresses in the CSV file. Each email address should only be listed one time.
° Tips on how to find (and remove) duplicate entries from a single CSV file:
• Google Sheets
- Check to make sure there are no extra lines, incomplete lines, or extra commas in the CSV file.
Important: Never delete or remove students from the organization once imported. You will not be able to re-import them if removed, and any student you are trying to import who has previously been imported will cause the entire import to fail. If you would like to revoke a student’s access to a license, you can remove them from the group associated with that license, but do not completely delete them from the organization. You will need to contact TI to resolve issues with deleted students.
If you do have any errors during the import, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Confirm none of the students in the CSV file has been imported to any group in the Organization previously. If a student has been imported previously, you will not be able to re-import them.
- Try importing the students in smaller groups (i.e.: breaking the CSV file into smaller files). This will help narrow down where there may be an issue.
LIST OF RESOURCES
OrgAdmin portal: https://education.ti.com/adminportal
OrgAdmin License and Entitlement Management System e-guide: https://education.ti.com/Admin-eGuide
User guide to the TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS: https://education.ti.com/html/webhelp/EG_CEApp_Chrome/EN/index.html
Links to access TI-84 Plus CE App for Chrome OS:
Quick Shortcut: https://education.ti.com/Download84App
Direct link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ti-84-plus-ce-app-for-chr/ijagefbeogciolnheepglhkbflpaalff
App ID: ijagefbeogciolnheepglhkbflpaalff
Contact TI: If you have questions or need assistance, contact TI-Cares