Solution 40347: Tip Sheet for Implementation of TI-84 Plus CE online calculator.
What are some tips for implementing the TI-84 Plus CE online calculator?
The information below covers some common questions and best practices in setting up the TI-84 Plus CE online calculator for use by your teachers and students. For complete directions, please visit our OrgAdmin License and Entitlement Management System e-guide.
- What to expect when making your purchase
- Accepting a license invitation and initial setup of account
- Creating a group and importing students
- List of resource
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN MAKING YOUR PURCHASE
Key items to include in your purchase information
-Start Date: This is the date you would like for your subscription to start. When the order is set up in our system, the start date cannot be in the past.
- License Administrator: The name and email address for the license administrator who will manage the licenses and assign students.
Once you make your purchase
When the Instructional Products Dealer places the order with TI, two emails are automatically generated:
1. An Order Confirmation email from Texas Instruments (from firstname.lastname@example.org) is sent to the License Administrator, as well as the email address of the purchaser from the school or district, if it was provided. This is a record of the order and can help identify anything that may need to be corrected (start date, number of seats, License Administrator email address, etc.).
2. The License Administrator will receive the license invitation from Texas Instruments (from email@example.com) for the software purchased. This is the email address that the License Administrator will use to kick off the process to accept the license and assign it to students. The invitation can be accepted only by the addressee and should not be forwarded.
Note: Some districts’ email systems may reject emails originating from external domains, resulting in students or secondary administrators not receiving the expected emails. You will not receive notification that an email was rejected. To avoid this, be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe vendors” list, and then send a test email invitation and confirm the user received it.
ACCEPTING A LICENSE AND INITIAL SETUP OF ACCOUNT
After accepting the license, the License Administrator will need to create an account in the OrgAdmin Portal. There are two options for creating an account.
- Create a new account: This requires you to create an account including your name, email address, and password.
- Sign in with Google: This allows you to use your Google credentials (email address and password) to set up your account. (Note: TI will not have any access to your Google account or knowledge of your password.)
Tip: It is a best practice to have more than one individual capable of making changes within the OrgAdmin system. To add additional administrators to the system, follow the directions for “Inviting IT Admin or Other Users” located in the OrgAdmin License and Entitlement Management System e-guide.
CREATING A GROUP AND IMPORTING STUDENTS
When your OrgAdmin account is initially set up, there is a default group named “employees.” This group is an appropriate place to keep all of your Administrators who have access to update the system.
The same license can be assigned to more than one group. How you create groups is up to you and what works best for your school or district. Possible setups include:
- One group for everyone
- One group for teachers, one group for students
- One group for each school in a multi-school district
- One group for each grade level
- Export the CSV file out of your school information system or Google Workspace, if possible.
- Save the CSV file with UTF-8 encoding.
- Ensure the CSV file contains a header row with the following columns: Email Address, Last Name, First Name.
- Check to make sure there are no extra lines, incomplete lines, or extra commas in the CSV file.
- Do not export more than 2,000 students at a time, as the file could take a long time to import.
Tip: If you need to remove a lot of students or make other large changes to your organization, consider deleting the existing groups and reimporting with fresh or corrected data.
LIST OF RESOURCES
OrgAdmin portal: https://education.ti.com/adminportal
OrgAdmin License and Entitlement Management System e-guide: https://education.ti.com/Admin-eGuide
User guide to the TI-84 Plus CE online calculator: https://education.ti.com/en/guidebook/details/en/CAB5A527FF7F4535A931449CA5A1A135/TI-84-Plus-CE-OLC
Link to access TI-84 Plus CE online calculator (Chrome Browser Only): https://84plusce.ti.com/8eu/
Contact TI: If you have questions or need assistance, contact TI-Cares