Solution 31671: TI-Nspire™ or TI-SmartView™ Software Activation Returns an Error S21, S22, S23, S24, S25, S26, S27, S99, P21, P22, P23, P24, P25, P26, P27, P28, P99, A25, A14, or A0.
How do I resolve errors S21, S22, S23, S24, S25, S26, S27, S99, P21, P22, P23, P24, P25, P26, P27, P28, P99, A25, A14, or A0 that occur during activation of the TI-Nspire or TI-SmartView Family Software?
Error codes S21, S22, S23, S24, S25, S26, S27, S99, P21, P22, P23,
P24, P25, P26, P27, P28, P99, A25, A14, or A0 usually indicate problems
connecting with Texas Instruments' activation server. If you encounter
one of these errors, try the following:
1) Verify the your operating system meets the System Requirements.
2) Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
3) Verify the date and time is set correctly.
4) Verify you are logged into an Administrator account on the computer.
5) Sometimes, security software such as anti-virus, anti-malware, or firewall software, can block a program's access to the internet. Make sure that security and firewall software are set to allow communication from your TI-Nspire or TI-SmartView software to the Internet. If this is a personal computer, please see your anti-virus or firewall documentation for more information on how to change these settings. If this is a computer that is managed by an IT department, please contact your Administrator for assistance making these changes.
6) Other programs can sometimes also hinder a program's ability to communicate over the internet. Try closing all other applications on your computer and try again.
7) Reboot your computer and attempt your activation again.
8) Uninstall the Texas Instruments software then download the latest version of the software using the URL below and reinstall the software:
Please Note: TI-SmartView Emulator Software for the TI-30XS/TI-34 MultiView only has one version so this step can be omitted for this software.
TI-Nspire Family Software
TI-SmartView for the TI-84 Plus Family
For A14 ONLY try the troubleshooting steps below:
9) Verify you are logged into the administrative account on the computer. Windows Only: [Right-Click] the shortcut for the Texas Instruments software and choose the option [Run as administrator] then continue with activation.
If the above fails try forcing web-portal activation by closing the software then using the steps below:
10) Disable your internet connection. If you connect via a WIFI, turn the WIFI on the computer off, or if you connect via a network cable, temporarily disconnect it. If you are unsure how to disable WIFI please check with your computers manufactures support or if your computer is managed check with your IT department.
11) Open the Texas Instruments software.
12) Once the software loads and displays the activation wizard choose the option to [Yes - Activate Your License] then [Next].
13) In the license number field, type in or paste the license number then click [Next].
14) On the next activation wizard window choose the option to [I accept the license agreement] then [Activate].
15) Activation will start and fail and a dialog will appear click [Yes] to proceed with a web portal activation.
16) Click [Next] to open the save dialog for the license.lic file.
17) Select "Desktop" for the save location then click the [Save] button.
18) Enable your internet connection. If you connect via a WIFI, turn the WIFI on the computer on, or if you connect via a network cable connect the cable.
19) Once the license.lic file has been saved you will next need to open a web browser and go to the website https://education.ti.com/activatesoftware to continue the activation process.
20) On the website you will be first prompted to select your language, choose your language from the list that appears to proceed.
21) On the following webpage you will need to click [Browse] to select the license.lic file you saved earlier.
22) In the dialog that appears navigate to the location you saved the license.lic file and select the file then click [Open].
Please Note: By default this file saves to your "Documents" folder if you did not select "Desktop".
23) Once you click open fill out the information required by the form then click [Submit]
24) On the screen that follows you will be shown what software product you are going to be activating click [Proceed] to continue.
25) On the final web portal screen you will be able to save a webportal.acv file which will allow you to continue with the activation process. Click [Download License File] to save the file to your computer.
26) A save dialog from your web browser may appear, if so, click [Save] to proceed.
27) The save dialog box should prompt you to save the file in a location on your computer. Choose a location you will remember, for example your Desktop, since you will need to recall this location at a later step.
28) Once this file is saved you will need to close the web browser window and click [Next] on the Texas Instruments software window to proceed.
29) On the next window you will need to click [Load File] to open the load dialog.
30) Once you click [Load File] navigate to the location you saved the webportal.acv file to. Once there click the file to select it then [Load File].
Please Note: If your web browser did not prompt you for a location to save your file some common web browser auto save locations include "Downloads", "Documents", and "Desktop".
31) Once the load dialog disappears click [Next] to proceed with the activation process.
32) You should receive the dialog below click [Next] to launch the software or [Finish] to close the dialog.
If the error persists, please gather diagnostic logs and contact TI for assistance.