Solution 27650: Activating A Texas Instruments Software Product With A 31 Character License Number.
How do I activate my Texas Instruments software product using a 31 character license number?
The steps below correspond to a 31 character license number that matches the format:
Additional Note: If you installed the TI-Nspire Teacher Software and the TI-Nspire CAS Teacher Software, you will need to activate each software individually. To do this first launch TI-Nspire Teacher Software and use the license number that follows the format BDXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX. Once you have successfully activated TI-Nspire Teacher Software you will need to open the TI-Nspire CAS Teacher Software and use the license number that follows the format BEXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX.
To activate home use, single or volume license software please follow the steps below:
1) Open up the software.
2) Once the software loads and displays the activation wizard choose the option to [Yes - Activate Your License] then [Next].
Please Note: If you are using TI-Nspire Family Teacher Software or TI-SmartView Family Software you will be prompted to enter your name and email for updates. After you enter your information then click [Next] to proceed with the next step.
3) In the license number field, type in or paste the license number then click [Next].
Please Note: You cannot [Right-Click] the field and choose the option [Paste] you have to use the key combination Windows®:[Ctrl]+[V] or Mac®:[Command]+[V] to paste the license into the field.
4) On the next activation wizard window choose the option to [I accept the license agreement] then [Activate].
5) The software will then query the server, please note this window may display from 1-5 minutes.
6) Next the activation wizard should display a successful activation window. You can click [Next] to launch the software or [Finish] to close the window.
However, if the activation fails the below error message will be displayed that will allow you to attempt a web portal activation which is a different method of activation. Click [Yes] to proceed with a web portal activation or [No] if you wish to attempt the internet activation from a different internet connection.
Please Note: If the web portal process is interrupted or closed the below window will be displayed when you relaunch the software. Click [Yes] to continue with the web portal activation or [No] to reattempt internet activation.
To activate home use, single or volume license software using a web portal activation please follow the steps below:
1) After choosing the option to attempt a web portal activation the below window will be displayed. Click [Next] to open the save dialog for the license.lic file.
2) In the save dialog choose a location to save the license.lic file then click the [Save] button.
Please Note: This license.lic file can be saved to a "Flash/USB Drive" then the steps listed below can be followed on a different computer which has internet access. Once completed the resulting webportal.acv file can then be placed on the same "Flash/USB Drive" and be used to activate the original computer. This is useful with standalone computers that do not have internet access.
3) Once the license.lic file has been saved you will next need to open a web browser and go to the website https://education.ti.com/activatesoftware to continue the activation process.
4) On the website you will be first prompted to select your language, choose your language from the list that appears to proceed.
5) On the following webpage you will need to click [Browse] to select the license.lic file you saved earlier.
6) In the dialog that appears navigate to the location you saved the license.lic file and select the file then click [Open].
Please Note: By default this file saves to your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder if you did not change the path.
7) Once you click open fill out the information required by the form then click [Submit]
8) On the screen that follows you will be shown what software product you are going to be activating click [Proceed] to continue.
9) On the final web portal screen you will be able to save a webportal.acv file which will allow you to continue with the activation process. Click [Download License File] to save the file to your computer.
10) After you have clicked this screen a save dialog from your web browser may appear, below is a save dialog from Internet Explorer® click [Save] to proceed.
11) The save dialog box should prompt you to save the file in a location on your computer. Choose a location you will remember, for example your Desktop, since you will need to recall this location at a later step.
12) Once this file is saved you will need to close the web browser window and click [Next] on the software window to proceed.
13) On the next window you will need to click [Load File] to open the load dialog.
Please Note: For the TI-SmartView Emulator Software for the TI-30XS/TI-34 MultiView Scientific Calculators the below window is not displayed after clicking next. You can instead click [Back] 3 times to return to the [Load File] dialog or click [Finish] and re-launch the software.
14) Once you click [Load File] navigate to the location you saved the webportal.acv file to. Once there click the file to select it then [Load File].
Please Note: If your web browser did not prompt you for a location to save your file some common web browser auto save locations include "Documents", "My Documents", "Documents/Downloads", "My Documents/Downloads" and "Desktop".
15) Once the load dialog disappears click [Next] to proceed with the activation process.
16) You should receive the dialog below click [Next] to launch the software or [Finish] to close the dialog.
If you have questions about the information listed above please contact TI-Cares for additional assistance.