Solution 33431: Calculating a Linear Regression on the TI-36X Pro.
How do I calculate a linear regression on the TI-36X Pro?
To calculate a linear regression on the TI-36X Pro, please refer to the example below:
To define statistical data points:
1) Press [data]
2) Input 1 under L1 and press [enter]. Repeat steps until all data points are entered for L1
3) Press the [Right Arrow] to move to L2
4) Input 2 and press [enter]. Repeat steps until all data points are entered for L2
5) Press the [2nd] [stat-reg/distr] and select 4:LinReg ax+b
6) Press [enter]
7) Ensure L1 is highlighted under xDATA
8) Ensure L2 is highlighted under yDATA
9) Select ONE for FRQ
10) Select NO for RegEQ®f(x)
11) Highlight CALC and press [enter]
Use the down arrow until a (linear regression slope), b (linear regression y-intercept), r^2 (correlation coefficient squared) and r (correlation coefficient) are underlined. The results displayed will be the linear regression.
Please see the TI-36X Pro guidebook for additional information.