Solution 12323: Calculating the Linear Regression on the TI-30X IIB / TI-30X IIS.
How do I calculate the linear regression on the TI-30X IIB / TI-30X IIS?
To find the linear regression on the TI-30X IIB / TI-30X IIS, please refer to the example below:
1-VAR analyzes statistical data from 1 data set with 1 measured variable, x. 2-VAR stats analyzes paired data from 2 data sets with two measured variables x, the independent variable, and y, the dependent variable. Users can enter up to 42 data sets.
To define statistical data points:
1) Press [2nd][STAT]. Select 2-VAR and press [ENTER]. The STAT indicator displays.
2) Press [DATA].
3) Enter 3 for X1.
4) Press the [Down Arrow].
5) Enter 7 for Y1 and press [ENTER]
6) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the above data points are entered. Users must press [ENTER] or the down arrow to save the last data point or FRQ value entered. If users add or delete data points, the TI-30X IIS/B or the TI-34 Explorer Plus automatically reorders the list.
7) When all points and frequencies are entered, press [STATVAR] to display the menu of variables.
8) Use the left arrow until a(linear regression slope), b(linear regression y-intercept), and r(correlation coefficient) are underlined. The results displayed will be the linear regression.
Please see the TI-30X IIB / TI-30X IIS guidebook for additional information.