Solution 12263: Using the Constant K Function on the TI-30X IIS/B.
How do I use the constant K function on the TI-30X IIS/B?
On the TI-30X IIS/B, pressing [2nd] [Division] turns on the constant mode and allows the user to define a constant. K appears in the top of the display when the constant mode is on. The [=] key places the contents of K at the end of the expression in the display.
To enter a constant:
1) Press [2nd] [Division]. If a constant is already stored, press [CLEAR] to clear it.
2) Enter a constant (any set of operations, functions, and values).
3) Press [=] to turn on the constant mode. K appears in the display.
4) Press [CLEAR] to clear the display.
5) Enter an initial value. If a value is not entered, 0 is assumed, and "Ans" will appear in the display.
6) Press [=] to place the contents of K at the end of the expression and evaluate it.
7) Continue pressing [=] to repeat the constant.
The result is stored in "Ans", which is displayed, and the constant is used to evaluate the new expression.