Solution 35134: Calculating Present Value (PV) on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family, and Voyage™ 200.
How do I calculate present value (PV) on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family, and Voyage 200?
Press the [APPS] button on the handheld and then select the [Finance] Application
• Input the number of payments (10) on N= 10.00 and press [ENTER]
• Input interest rate per payment period (10) on I/Y= 10.00 and press [ENTER]
• Input payment. (-20000) on PMT= -20000. and press [ENTER]
• Input Payments per year on PpY= 12 and press [ENTER]
• Input Compounding periods per year on CpY=12 and press [ENTER]
• Highlight the PV= using the up and down arrows and press [F2] this will compute with monthly interest for the Present Value of the Time value money formula
Note: To compute for a yearly interest, change PpY and CpY to 1.
Please see the TI-89 family, TI-92 family, and Voyage 200 guidebooks for additional information.