Solution 12760: Preventing the Loss of Applications on the TI-89 Titanium and Voyage™ 200 Graphing Calculators With OS v3.xx.
I lost my Apps on the TI-89 Titanium or Voyage 200 with the OS v3.xx release. How can I recover them and how can I prevent this from happening again?Due to the way applications are stored in Flash memory on the TI-89 Titanium and Voyage 200, with the Operating System (OS) version 3.xx release, it is possible to lose one or all preloaded Graphing Calculator Software Applications (Apps) when performing certain operations. These may include deleting Apps, upgrading the OS, operating with a low battery condition or even when changing the batteries. In short, this can occur when the unit's operation is interrupted during re-initialization or while writing to memory.
The likelihood of losing applications is significantly reduced with the latest OS; version 3.10 for both the TI-89 Titanium and Voyage 200. To upgrade the OS and recover lost applications, do the following:
1) Upgrade to version 3.10 - Installing the latest OS will remove all data including the preloaded Graphing Calculator Software Applications. OS version 3.10 can be downloaded from the TI-89 Titanium OS web page and from the Voyage 200 OS web page.
Please Note for TI-89 users: At this time OS v2.09 is the most current OS for the TI-89. OS v3.10 is only for the TI-89 Titanium. OS v3.10 will not load nor function properly on the TI-89. Therefore, there is not a way to upgrade a TI-89 to OS v3.10.
Reinstalling Lost Applications:
Pre-loaded applications can be restored using the Product CD, or from TI-89 or Voyage 200 App lists on the TI website. For additional information, see the case Reloading Calculator Software Applications (Apps) on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Plus or Voyage 200 Graphing Calculators.
When replacing the batteries, please follow the directions below:
1) Whenever the low battery indicator is on, change the batteries as soon as possible. Do not pull the batteries out while there is a progress bar displayed. Do not wait for the batteries to drain completely.
2) When changing the batteries, do not replace them one at a time. This could create a condition where the unit is interrupted during its initialization. Replace all four AAA alkaline batteries simultaneously. To replace the AAA alkaline batteries, remove all four discharged AAA batteries first before installing the new ones.
3) Do not mix new and used batteries.
4) Do not mix brands (or types within brands) of batteries.
5) Do not mix rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries.
6) Install batteries according to polarity (+ and -) diagrams.
7) Properly dispose of used batteries immediately.
Please see the TI-89 family, TI-92 family and Voyage 200 guidebooks for additional information.