Solution 12157: Setting the Default Units for Displayed Results on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family and Voyage™ 200 Graphing Calculators.
Why is my TI-89 family, TI-92 family or Voyage 200 changing the units I used in a calculation?
The TI-89 family, TI-92 family or Voyage 200 calculators display all the results involving units in the default unit for that category.
For example, if the default unit for Length is _m, any length result is displayed in meters, even if the user entered _km or _ft in the calculation.
The calculators have three mode settings for displaying units: SI(international system), ENG/US (English and US), and the CUSTOM system. The SI and ENG/US systems use built-in default units which cannot be changed. The CUSTOM system however, allows users to change default units for each category.
To set custom default units:
1) Press [MODE][F3], then press the right arrow key display the Units mode.
3) Press the down arrow to highlight SET DEFAULTS.
4) Press the right arrow to display the CUSTOM UNIT DEFAULTS dialog box.
5) For each category highlight the default, press the right arrow, and select a unit from the list.
6) Press [ENTER] twice to save the changes and exit the MODE screen.
Please Note: Many categories let users select NONE as the default unit. This means that the result in that category will be displayed in the default units of its components. For example, Area= (Length)^2, so Length is a component of Area. If the defaults for Area is _acre and for Length is _m, area results will be shown in _acre units. If Area is set to NONE, area results will be shown in _m^2 units.
Please see the TI-89 family, TI-92 family, and Voyage 200 guidebooks for additional information.