Solution 10439: Plotting Points Using the TI-86.
How do I plot a set of points using the TI-86?
The following example will demonstrate how to plot a set of points using the TI-86:
Data for this example:
Enter the data into the TI-86:
• Enter STAT mode by pressing [2nd][STAT].
• Press [F2] to select Edit.
• Enter the data in the xStat and yStat lists. (Note: to save data entry time, a frequency list, fStat, can be used. For this example, the frequency of each answer is 1, so clear the fStat list and leave it blank.)
• Press [2nd] [QUIT] to leave the editor.
Plot the coordinates:
• Press [2nd] [STAT] [F3] [F1].
• Turn the plot on by pressing [ENTER] then press the down arrow.
• Select [F1] to view a scatter plot.
• Press [GRAPH] [F3] [MORE] [F5].
Please see the TI-86 guidebook for additional information.