Solution 10428: Finding the Reduced Row Echelon Form of a Matrix on the TI-85 or TI-86.
How do I find the reduced row echelon form of a matrix on the TI-85 or TI-86?
The instructions below will demonstrate how to find the reduced row echelon form of a matrix on the TI-85 or TI-86.
To enter the matrix:
• Press [2nd] [MATRX] [F2] to enter the matrix editor.
• Input A press [ENTER].
• Input the dimensions of the matrix (3 [ENTER] 4 [ENTER]).
• Input the values for the elements of the matrix pressing [ENTER] after each entry.
• Press [Exit] to return to the home screen.
To find the reduced row echelon form:
• Press [2nd] [MATRX] [F4] [F5] (This will paste rref( on the home screen).
• Press [2nd] [F1] then select A from the list.
• Press [ENTER] to display the result.
Note: For more information please check the TI-85 or TI-86 guidebooks.