Solution 17569: Computing the Actual Annual Percentage Rate (APR) with Points and Fees on the BA Real Estate™.
How do I compute the actual annual percentage rate using the BA Real Estate?
The following example provides instructions for computing APR with points and fees on the BA Real Estate.
Example: Assuming a $100,000 loan, 5% fixed-term interest, 30-year term, and miscellaneous loan fees of $1,000 plus 2 points, find the APR.
• Press [2nd][CLR TVM] to clear previous values
• Press [2nd][P/Y][=] [=]to set the P/Y and C/Y at 12
• Enter  then press [TERM]
• Enter  then press [LOAN]
• Press [APR], enter the interest rate  then press [=]
• Enter the points  and press [=]
• Enter the total fees  and press [=]
The actual annual percentage rate is 5.27
Please see the BA Real Estate guidebook for additional information.