Solution 13580: Using the Cost-Sell-Margin Features of the BA 20 Profit Manager™ Financial Calculator.
How do I use the Cost-Sell-Margin feature of the BA 20 Profit Manager™ financial calculator?The BA-20 Profit Manager has three columns to support the Cost-Sell-Margin functionality. Key columns are used according to the calculation to be performed. Use the keys in the CST column when calculating the Cost of a product. The SEL column is used when calculating the Selling Price of a product and the MAR column is for calculating the margin or percent markup of a product. Please refer to the examples provided below.
Example 1: Determine the original cost of a product that sells for $1.25 that has a 20% markup margin.
• For this example, only use the [SEL] and [MAR] keys in the CST column
• Press  [.]   [SEL]   [MAR]
• The result of 1 will be displayed
Example 2: Determine the selling price of a product that cost $1.00 and has a markup margin of 20%.
• For this example, only use the [CST] and [MAR] keys in the SEL column
• Press  [CST]   [MAR]
• The result of 1.25 will be displayed
Example 3: Determine the Markup margin of a product that cost $1 but sells for $1.25.
• For this example, only use the [CST] and [SEL] keys in the MAR column
• Press  [CST]  [.]   [SEL]
• The result of 20 will be displayed
Please see the BA-20 Profit Manager™ Quick Reference Guide for additional information.