Solution 11240: Computing Profit Margin Using the BA II PLUS™ Family Calculator.
How can I compute for profit margin using the BA II PLUS family calculator?
To compute for profit margin using the BA II PLUS family calculator, follow the example below which uses the calculator's profit margin worksheet:
Example: Sally purchased a cell phone that cost (CST) $100.00 and later sold (SEL) it online for $125.00. What is Sally's profit margin (MAR)?
1) Press [2nd] [PROFIT] to access the profit margin worksheet.
2) Press [2nd] [CLR WORK] to clear the worksheet.
3) Input 100 and press [ENTER]. The screen should display CST= 100.00.
4) Press the [↓] key, input 125 and press [ENTER]. The screen should display SEL= 125.00.
5) Press the [↓] key, then press the [CPT] key.
6) The screen should display MAR= 20.00 which means Sally's profit margin is 20%.
Please see the BA II PLUS family guidebooks for additional information.