Solution 11234: Computing Future Value on a BA II PLUS™ or a BA II PLUS™ PROFESSIONAL.
How do I calculate Future Value on the BA II PLUS and the BA II PLUS PROFESSIONAL?
The Future Value of an account can be found using the Time Value of Money keys on the BAII PLUS and the BA II PLUS PROFESSIONAL.
Example: What is the Future Value of an account that contains $5,000 and earns 5% interest annually after 20 years.
The settings on the unit may need to be changed to successfully perform the calculation.
To change the beginning or ending period setting:
1) Press the [2nd] key and the [PMT] key. (This will enter the BGN/END worksheet.)
2) The display will show either END or BGN.
3) If the display shows BGN, press the [2nd] key and the [ENTER] key. The screen will now show END.
4) Press the [2nd] key and the [CPT] key. (QUIT is above it.)
To change the number of periods per year setting:
1) Press the [2nd] key and the [I/Y] key. Input 1 and press the [ENTER] key. (This will set the periods per year to 1.)
2) Press the [2nd] key and the [CPT] key (QUIT).
3) Press the [2nd] key and the [FV] key. (This will clear the Time-Value-Money register.)
Inputting the TVM values:
1) Input 5000, press the [+/-] key, and press the [PV] key. (This stores -5000 in the Present Value register.)
2) Input 5 and press the [I/Y] key. (This stores 5 in the Interest Per Year register.)
3) Input 20 and press the [N] key. (This stores 20 in the Number of Payments register.)
4) Press the [CPT] key and the [FV] key.
The future value of the saving account is $13,266.49.
Please see the BAII PLUS and the BAII PLUS PROFESSIONAL guidebooks for additional information.