Solution 31311: Finding the Sum of a Column in the Lists & Spreadsheets Application using the TI-Nspire™ Family Handhelds.
How do I find the sum of a column in the Lists & Spreadsheet application using the TI-Nspire family handhelds?To find the sum of a column in the Lists & Spreadsheet application using the TI-Nspire family handhelds, please follow the example listed below.
Ex: Input 5, 12.5, 22, 9.5, 16 into column A. Input .856, 3, 60, 26.7, 14 into column B.
• Press [home].
• Press 1: New Document to create a new document. If prompted to save the existing document, choose "Yes" or "No".
• Press 4: Add Lists & Spreadsheet.
Input the data into columns A and B by following the steps below:
• Input 5 [enter] 12.5 [enter] 22 [enter] 9.5 [enter] 16.
• Press the left arrow key once and press the up arrow key four times to begin adding the next set of data.
• Input .856 [enter] 3 [enter] 60 [enter] 26.7 [enter] 14.
To find the sum, scroll to the last empty row of column A and input the following:
• Press [=][S][U][M][(][A][:][A][)][enter].
You will get the sum of the rows A1-A5 which is 65.
Please see the TI-Nspire family products guidebooks for additional information.