In this lesson, students will focus on the impact of the tilt of the Earth's axis on monthly temperatures.
- Students will explore the relationship between Earth's tilt and its effect on monthly temperature.
- Students will justify the reasons for the seasons on Earth.
- Students will use a model to analyze the effect of changing Earth's tilt on climate.
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will focus on the impact of the tilt of Earth's axis on monthly temperatures.
As a result, students will:
- Discover that the tilt of Earth's axis is responsible for seasons.
- Understand that the Northern Hemisphere receives more direct sunlight during the summer and less during the winter.
- Manipulate the tilt of Earth's axis allowing them to observe what would happen to Earth's temperatures if the Earth had a different tilt or no tilt at all.