In this lesson, students will analyze and describe how organisms are classified according to shared characteristics.
- Students will analyze and describe how organisms are classified according to shared characteristics.
- Students will identify how organisms are organized into a hierarchy of classification.
- Students will isolate specific characteristics of organisms, such as having chlorophyll and reproduces by seeds, so they are easier to study.
About the Lesson
This lesson will have the students partake in three different activities ranging from understanding key vocabulary to classifying organisms and sorting.
As as result, student will:
- Understand the different "levels" of taxonomy their order from Kingdom to Species.
- Provide reasons to "defend" why an animal is or is not part of a specific classification group.
- Classify organisms by different distinguishing characteristics.