Students write linear equations in slope-intercept form and graph them. Students practice identifying slope and y-intercept and writing equations from a graphs.
This Activity comes from Prentice Hall's © 2007 Algebra 1 textbook.
Before the Activity
- Review the lesson PDF files
- Make copies of the lesson PDF files for your class
- Using LearningCheck Creator, review the LearningCheck™ EDC files prior to class. They include Check Skills You'll Need and Check Understanding questions from the lesson
- Make sure the LearningCheck App is on all student calculators
- Transfer the LearningCheck EDC files and Program file to student calculators using one of these methods:
- LearningCheck Creator "send to device" feature with a connectivity cable and unit-to-unit cables
- TI Connect, a connectivity cable and unit-to-unit cables
- TI-Navigator "send to class" feature
During the Activity
Learn to write linear equations in slope-intercept form.
Graph linear equations.
Practice identifying slope and y-intercept.
Write equations from graphs.
Write equations, given slope and y-intercept.
Distribute the student activity sheets.
Follow the procedures as outlined.
After the Activity
As a class, review student progress, discussing questions that appeared to be more challenging, and re-teaching as needed.