Students will analyze a plan that an online music provider offers. Using this plan, the students will investigate how the prices of the plan affect the multiple representations of a function and how price changes are reflected in the multiple representations. This is a student centered activity. It is important that questioning techniques be used to guide students to make their own conjectures about rate of change and the y-intercept and their effects in applied situations.
Before the Activity
- Window settings [-2, 42] x [-2, 38]
- Form Configuration (See figure1.1)
- Student login to NAVNET before activity begins
- Handout: Multiple Representation of a Function (Four Corner Model -FCM) for each student
- Assign a number to each student from 0 to 40. Each student gets one number. This number will represent the number of downloads they did for a month.
During the Activity
Instructions on handout.
After the Activity
Students will do the Learning Check AssessmentLinearFunctions.act.