In this lesson, students will manipulate greenhouse gases to gather data on global temperature.
- Students will manipulate greenhouse gases to gather data on global temperature.
- Students will learn that greenhouse gas released by humans could further warm the Earth.
- Students will evaluate the effects of rising greenhouse gases on the physical environment of the Earth.
- infrared radiation
- greenhouse effect
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students are given an image of the greenhouse effect which can be manipulated to adjust the amount of greenhouse gases that would change the corresponding temperature.
As a result, students will:
- Be able to measure the relationship between the level of greenhouse gases and global temperature.
- Observe how manipulating the level of greenhouse gases has a direct effect on the amount of infrared radiation which is trapped in the atmosphere.
- Explore how changing the level of greenhouse gases has an effect on the amount of infrared energy that escapes into space.