Students will review y=kx graphs by completing a five question Learn Check.
Before the Activity
Students should have had several opportunities to learn about the characteristics of y=kx graphs.
During the Activity
- Launch Navigator, start the session and have students log into NavNet on their calculator
- Send the y=kx Learn Check(1B)
- Allow students time to answer each question
After the Activity
- Collect answers data from student calculators using Class Analysis.
- Review the data with the class using the Slide Show presentation.
- This is an excellent time for an open class discussion about the concepts.
- Use results from the data to decide about further reinforcement or extension of the concepts.
Extension: Ask students to write two questions about y = kx graphs for a partner to answer. Collect these at the end of class and use some of the questions for your future Learn Checks.