Explore visual representations of relations to determine their domain and range.
- Students will identify the domain and range of a relation from the graph.
- Students will write symbolic expressions to describe the domain and range of a function.
- Students will recognize that different functions can have the same domain or the same range.
About the Lesson
This lesson involves identifying a set of x-values in both symbols and words, identifying the set of x-values used in generating the function as the domain of the function, and identifying the set of y-values used in generating the function as the range of the function. As a result, students will:
- Interpret graphs of functions to identify the domain and the range.
- Describe sets of x-values and y-values in both symbols and words.