Students solve quadratic equations by factoring and finding square roots, as well as by graphing.
This Activity comes from Prentice Hall's© 2007 Algebra 2 textbook.
Before the Activity
- Review the lesson PDF files.
- Make copies of the lesson PDF files for your class.
- Using LearningCheck Creator, review the LearningCheck™ EDC files prior to class. They include Check Skills You'll Need and Check Understanding questions from the lesson.
- Make sure the LearningCheck App is on all student calculators.
- Transfer the LearningCheck EDC files and Program file to student calculators using one of these methods:
- LearningCheck Creator "send to device" feature with a connectivity cable and unit-to-unit cables
- TI Connect, a connectivity cable and unit-to-unit cables
- TI-Navigator "send to class" feature
During the Activity
Learn to solve quadratic equations by factoring and finding square roots.
Learn to solve quadratic equations by using tables and graphing.
Distribute the student activity sheets.
Follow the procedures as outlined.
After the Activity
As a class, review student progress, discussing questions that appeared to be more challenging, and re-teaching as needed.