In this lesson, students examine data about moths and draw conclusions of how the environment impacts their populations.
- Students will determine how humans can influence natural selection by manipulating the environment.
- Students will relate two sets of data, and analyze the patterns in long-term data.
- Students will develop an understanding of the effect of the environment on natural selection.
- dependent variable
- environmental impact
- independent variable
- natural selection
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students examine some data about moths.
As a result, students will:
- Understand that the environment has an effect on natural selection.
- Graph data and compare two sets of data.
- Find patterns in long-term data and draw conclusions.