- Students will learn the five basic characteristics of the animal kingdom.
- Students will learn to use a dichotomous key to distinguish one animal from another.
- body plan
- dichotomous key
- developmental stage
About the Lesson
In this lesson students learn about basic animal biology and identification of different animal species.
- Identify and describe the five characteristics of all organisms in the Animal Kingdom.
- Contrast these characteristics with those of other kingdoms.
- Use a dichotomous key to identify nine different species of animals.