- Students will explore a simulation of Newton's 2nd Law.
- Student will collect mass, force, and acceleration data in a simulation.
- Students will analyze data to develop and apply Newton's 2nd Law.
- Newton's Laws
About the Lesson
This lesson simulates the acceleration of a frictionless cart being pulled by a steady force.
As a result, students will:
- Manipulate values for force and masses in different situations.
- Measure acceleration and capture data.
- Plot and analyze data to develop Newton's 2nd Law.
· Apply Newton’s 2nd Law to solve problems.