- Students will describe and identify the survival needs for both plants and animals.
- Students will simulate what will happen to a population when limiting factors in its environment are manipulated.
- Students will match an animal with its appropriate feeding type, water requirements, and living space.
- Students will analyze the impact humans have had on different environments.
- Limiting Factors
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will analyze the different limiting factors that allow an organism to thrive in a particular environment.
As a result, students will:
- Understand that there are different biomes on Earth, each with its own unique limiting factors which provide specific species what they need to survive.
- Manipulate environmental factors and analyze what happens to a population if placed in an unsuitable environment.
- Evaluate the impact humans have had on different biomes.