- Students will explore the force due to weight and the normal force.
- Students will determine the relationship between weight, normal and the force parallel to an incline.
- Students will explore friction force and its relationship to weight, normal, and the parallel force.
- normal force
- parallel force
- force of friction
About the Lesson
Students will be exploring the relationships of the different forces on an object such as weight, normal force, parallel force, and friction.
As a result, students will:
- Be able to determine weight.
- Understand the relationship between weight and normal force on a surface.
- Be able to determine the relationship between weight, normal, and parallel forces.
- Determine the effect of friction on the system.