- Students will describe the three states of matter.
- Students will analyze changes of state graphically.
- Students will ascertain the melting and boiling points of different substances.
- absolute zero
- boiling point
- change of state
- freezing point
- melting point
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will see the behavior of particles in a substance as the temperature changes.
As a result, students will:
- Understand the behavior of particles as substances change state.
- Identify the melting and boiling points of three substances by reading a graph.