- Students will understand the difference between the mass and weight of an object.
- Students will use a force sensor to measure the weight of an object on Earth.
- Students will calculate the weight of an object on different celestial bodies.
- celestial body
- force sensor
About the Lesson
In this data collection lesson, students will use a force sensor to measure the weight of an object.
As a result, students will:
- Measure the weight of 100 pennies in a cup.
- Calculate the weight of the pennies of Earth’s moon, Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter