- Students will define diffusion and osmosis.
- Students will describe the process by which particles of matter can or cannot move through different materials.
- permeable and selectively permeable
- passive transport
- active transport
About the Lesson
By using a simulation, students will explore the concept of diffusion through a selectively permeable membrane.
As a result, students will:
- Conduct experiments related to diffusion and osmosis in a range of settings.
- Define diffusion and osmosis.
- Describe the process by which particles of matter can or cannot move through different materials.