- Students will use a Light Sensor to measure the amount of reflected light.
- Students will calculate percent reflectivity of various colored paper.
- Students will use a Temperature Probe to measure the energy absorbed from light.
About the Lesson
In this experiment, students will investigate the relationship between the percent reflectivity of various colors and the temperature change due to energy absorption.
As a result, students will:
- Measure the amount of light reflected from paper of various colors using a Light Sensor and calculate percent reflectivity.
- Measure the temperature change of the air under the paper due to energy absorption by the paper using a Temperature Probe.