T³™ Teacher Leader Cadre summer 2023 application information
The T3™ (Teachers Teaching with Technology™) program provides the best professional development for the appropriate use of TI educational technology in teaching and learning. Our goal is to ensure educators can continue to be creative and innovative when working with their students and colleagues.
The T3™ program encourages educators to implement research-based effective teaching practices in their classroom and uses technology as a tool to empower student learning. This includes strong pedagogical content knowledge and a desire to continue to grow as a reflective practitioner. Leaders in the community can assist their colleagues across the pedagogical, content and technology strands.
In light of the above, we are seeking applicants who have a desire to be a leader within the educational community and specifically in support of the goals and objectives of the T3™ program. Specifically, we are looking for those with a desire to be a:
- Reflective practitioner.
- Teacher leader.
- Facilitator of learning.
Possible evidence to illustrate these characteristics could include:
- Desire to be aware of current trends/issues in education.
- Bachelor’s degree with certification to teach in math, science, STEM, Computer Science or similar.
- Desire to work with colleagues and adult learners.
- Engagement in the educational community.
- Willingness to share with others at professional learning events.
Facilitator of learning
- Knowledge of current TI educational technology for presentations.
- Classroom teaching experience in a field related to mathematics, science, STEM or Computer Science.
- Awareness of current pedagogical practices and process standards.
One of the requirements in the process of becoming a T3™ Instructor is to complete a T3™ Teacher Leader Cadre (TLC) institute. We recognize it is not always possible for educators to have access to such an institute in their area. Thus, we are providing this opportunity to a select group of educators to attend this T3™ TLC institute open for both mathematics and science educators.
The T3™ TLC institute consists of three days in person, followed by 18 two-hour online sessions (webinars) held on Thursday evenings, generally every other week.
A T3™ TLC is considered the equivalent of nine days of professional learning and successful applicants will receive this at no charge. Texas Instruments also will cover hotel costs and meals during the three days together.
Graduates who complete the T3™ TLC will receive the following as a graduation gift:
- TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator and TI-SmartView™ CE emulator software for the TI-84 Plus graphing family or TI-Nspire™ CX II CAS teacher bundle (graphing calculator and TI-Nspire™ CX Premium Teacher Software).
Additionally, each of the following:
- TI-Innovator™ Hub
- TI-Innovator™ Rover
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation costs during the three days of in-person learning.
We will be able to offer a limited number of needs-based partial scholarships and encourage accepted applicants with need to apply.
The dates/locations for the 2023 T3™ TLC in-person portion will be:
- July 12–14, 2023, in the Philadelphia area.
- July 26–28, 2023, in Dallas.
We will begin the first day at 8:30 a.m. and finish the third day by 2 p.m. (We recommend arriving the evening before the start date. Hotel will be covered that night.)
Questions can be sent to Kevin Spry at email@example.com.
- Applications are now closed.
- Part of the application includes recording a short video on the topic of being a leader in your district.
- You will also be asked to provide a link to an updated resume.
We expect that there will be far more applicants than spots available, so we apologize that we are unable to accept everyone. We will send invitations to successful applicants by Friday, April 28, 2023. Those needing support will be given the scholarship form at that time.
Information required for summer 2023 T³™ TLC application
Please complete the application online.
You will be asked for the following information.
- Full name
- Home address (Street/City/State/Province)
- Employer (School/District)
- Employer address (Street/City/State/Province)
- Email (personal preferred)
- Telephone (mobile/alternative)
- Twitter handle (if applicable)
- Website/Blog (if applicable)
- TI technology you use in your classroom or have used within the last five years.
- Please list your degree(s).
- Please indicate your current position and any other positions you have held in the last five years. (For example: classroom teacher, department chair, coach, instructional specialist, consultant, administrator, etc.)
- If applicable, please list the course(s)/grade(s) you have taught within the last three years.
Professional learning experiences
List workshops/conferences you have attended within the last five years, and include the:
Professional learning leadership
- List any sessions you have presented/led within the past five years, including via online or social media (title; year; location/platform).
- Please list any positions (if applicable) you have held outside of your regular work. (For example: AP® Reader, content specialist, consultant, subject board member, author, etc.) (Briefly list role/duties.)
- Please list any awards/recognition you have received as an educator.
Please submit a videotape on the topic of “leadership.” Total length for entire video should be 2–4 minutes and should:
- Describe any ways how you have been a leader in your educational life.
- Describe how you wish to be a leader in your district/region.
Video can be recorded on various devices, but please only submit one video. Share the video privately by providing a link through YouTube or other common file-sharing platform.
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, TI products. Policies subject to change. Visit www.collegeboard.org.