Designing a Titration is a project-based STEM activity that will engage your students in the engineering design process while using TI-Nspire™ technology.
- Students will research science topics including:
- The nature of acids and bases
- pH indicators
- Proper set up and use of laboratory apparatus
- Students will use mathematical processes of:
- Non-linear modeling
- Determination of an equivalence point
- Data analysis
- Acid and Base
- Equivalence point
About the Lesson
Your company designs and produces medicines. Your project manager has tasked you with designing a new medicine that will relieve acid indigestion for people who suffer acid reflux disease. Your task is to design a new antacid that will neutralize excess stomach acid and to support you product with test data.
As a result, students will:
- Students will set up and run an experiment on a chemical titration of an acid with a base.
- Students will use appropriate technology to evaluate their design, collaborate with colleagues and present their findings.