In this lesson, students will observe the effect of adding ice to warm water.
- Students will collect, analyze, and interpret data to develop a mathematical model that explains their experimental results.
- Students will determine the heat of fusion for ice and their percent error.
- heat energy
- specific heat
- molar mass
- heat of fusion
About the Lesson
This lesson involves observing the effect of adding ice to warm water.
As a result, students will:
- Analyze data to determine a mathematical model to explain their experimental results.
- Calculate heat of fusion for ice and percent error.
- Speculate on possible sources of error.