- Students will analyze the linear association between two variables and interpret the association in the context of a given scenario.
- Students will calculate a least-squares regression line and interpret the coefficients.
- Students will determine the appropriateness of a least-squares regression plot by analyzing residuals and the effects of unusual points on the line.
- scatter plot
About the Lesson
This lesson involves analyzing the association between the number of spaces from Go and the cost of the property on a standard Monopoly board.
As a result, students will:
- Calculate a least-squares regression line for data and interpret the coefficients.
- Discuss unusual points and their effects on the line.
- Interpret a residual plot.