In this coding activity, students will create two Unit Circle Guessing games. The first version will request cosine and sine values in degree mode. The second version will request cosine and sine values in radian mode.
- Use the input function and a variable to collect and store data from a user
- Use the randint() function to generate random integers.
- Use a while loop to repeat code
- Use a list to store values
- Evaluate sine and cosine values from the Unit Circle using degrees
- Evaluate sine and cosine values from the Unit Circle using radians
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will create two Unit Circle games using the Python Editor:
1) The first game will randomly select a degree value from a list. It will randomly display either a cosine or sine question using that degree. The program will request the exact value on the unit circle for that cosine or sine value. If the answer entered is correct, game play will continue.
2) The second game is a modified version of the first game. Instead of randomly selecting a degree value from the list, the program will select a radian value from a list.
Note: This lesson requires the use of TI-Nspire™ CX II technology with OS 5.2 and above.