Explore the relationships of the angles formed when two parallel lines are cut by a transversal.
- Students will identify pairs of alternate interior angles and same-side interior angles given two lines cut by a transversal.
- Students will recognize which pairs of alternate interior angles are congruent.
- Students will recognize which pairs of same-side interior angles are supplementary.
- parallel lines
- alternate interior angles
- same-side interior angles
- supplementary angles
- congruent angles
About the Lesson
This lesson involves students recognizing which pairs of alternate interior angles are congruent and which pairs of same-side interior angles are supplementary. As a result students will:
- Click on different segments in order to identify which segments form alternate interior angles and which segments form same-side interior angles.