In this lesson, students will use a simulation to observe and manipulate an electric current, voltage and resistance.
- Students will describe electric current, voltage, and resistance and the units of measurements for these physical quantities.
- Students will construct a simple circuit with an on/off switch.
- Students will construct a simple circuit with multiple bulbs.
- circuit diagram
- electric circuit
- electric current
About the Lesson
Adapted from a PhETTM simulation, this lesson uses a simulation environment for constructing electric circuits. Students construct simple series circuits and measure voltage and current. They also work with equations relating voltage, current, and resistance.
As a result, students will:
PhET is a trademark owned by the Regents of the University of Colorado, which was not involved in the production of, nor do they endorse this product.
- describe an electric circuit
- use formulas to calculate resistance, voltage and current
- construct series circuits