In this lesson, students will recognize the relationship between deforestations of a watershed and its effect on the biosphere.
- Students will recognize the relationship between deforestation of a watershed and its effect on the biosphere.
- Students will make observations and analyze data to determine whether a relationship between deforestation and environmental factors is inverse or positive.
- qualitative and quantitative data
- inverse relationship
- positive correlation
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will explore a watershed simulation in which they can increase the amount of ground cover and observe the effects on the turbidity of the water and populations of living things.
As a result, students will have a better understanding of:
- The effect of stream erosion on water quality.
- The effect of deforestation on a watershed's ability to support life.
- Positive correlations and inverse relationships.