Use row operations to reduce an augmented matrix to its reduced row-echelon form.
When a system of equations is presented:
- Identify its augmented matrix form
- Determine which row operation is used that transforms one matrix into another
- Determine which row operations are needed to transform the matrix to its reduced row-echelon form
- Augmented matrix
- Reduced row-echelon form
- Scalar multiplier
About the Lesson
This lesson involves using row operations to reduce an augmented matrix to its reduced row-echelon form. As a result, students will:
- Enter the coefficients of a system into an augmented matrix.
- Choose the correct row operations that result in the reduced row-echelon form of the matrix.
- Translate the answer matrix into a solution of the system, algebraically.