- Teacher led rule guessing game for a function type
- Construction of a simple program from Calculator page
- How do various parameters transform a graph
- Function rules and graphs
- Transformation parameters
About the Lesson
The classroom activity associated with this task is a ‘whole class’ guessing game, where a random member from a predefined family of curves is drawn on the Cartesian plane by the calculator, and students must write down the associated function rule. It requires an IWB or data projector so that students may easily view the calculator screen (i.e. via TI-Nspire CAS software). There is a student worksheet in which students can record their answers.