- Students will identify corresponding parts of congruent triangles.
- Students will use appropriate notation to describe two congruent triangles.
- Students will reason abstractly and quantitatively (CCSS Mathematical Practice).
- corresponding parts
- congruent triangles
About the Lesson
In this lesson students will investigate corresponding parts of congruent triangles. As a result students will:
- Manipulate given segments and angles to form a triangle that is congruent to a given triangle.
- Identify the corresponding parts for the triangle they formed and the given triangle.
- Manipulate two triangles to visually map the corresponding parts to each other.
- Write and interpret congruence statements using notation that designates the corresponding parts.